Created by Diane Capri
Another spin-off from the mega-success of Lee Child’s Jack Reacher is Diane Capri’s “Hunt for Jack Reacher” series, featuring FBI Special Agents KIM OTTO and CARLOS GASPAR. Their special off-the-books assignment?
Find Jack Reacher. Somehow they always seem to just miss him, and find themselves cleaning up the messes he leaves behind.
I don’t know. Is this fan fiction gone “legit,” or something far more incestuous? I get a sort of queasy about all this — it puts me in mind of parasites attaching themselves to a living host. Apparently, though, Child is fine with it, offering his support, blurbs and even an essay in one of the collections.
Capri is an Amazon writer and apparently a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, with numerous series to her credit. She claims “insider knowledge” of her “friend” Lee Child’s iconic character, who supposedly encouraged her to write these books.
Still, if this sort of stuff doesn’t make you dizzy, you should check out the Jim Grant books, courtesy of Colin Campbell, another of “friend” of Lee Child.
- “Full of thrills and tension, but smart and human, too. Kim Otto is a great, great character – I love her… Make some coffee. You’ll read all night.”
— Lee Child
- “In my mind, Child’s implied endorsement suggested something that this novel simply wasn’t — quality… I hope that Child is getting a royalty on sales.”
— Rabid Reader’s Reviews
THE HUNT FOR JACK REACHER SERIES
- Don’t Know Jack (2012) | Kindle it!
- Jack in a Box (2012)
- Jack and Kill (2013)
- Get Back Jack (2013)
- Jack in the Green (2014)
- Jack and Joe (2015)
- Deep Cover Jack (2016)
- Jack the Reaper (2017)
- Black Jack (2018)
- Ten Two Jack (2018) | Buy the book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- Jack of Spades (March 2019) | Kindle it!
- Licensed to Thrill 1 (2015) | Kindle it!
- Licensed to Thrill 5 (2015) | Kindle it!
Collecting books 4-6. No, I don’t know why it’s #5.