Created by M. Ruth Myers
It takes a tough dame to go down the mean streets of Depression-era Dayton, Ohio, but Maggie’s one broad who can handle it — she’s got a bottle of gin in her desk, a Smith & Wesson .38 under her seat, and a set of gams that just won’t quit, prompting one reader to dub her “Sam Spade in a skirt.” She’s appeared in a string of novels and short stories put out on M. Ruth Myers’ own dime.
But there must be something cooking — the third novel in the series, Don’t Dare a Dame (2013) nabbed a Shamus in 2014 for “Best Indie P.I. Novel.”
Prior to becoming a novelist the author earned a bachelor of journalism degree from the University of Missouri and worked on daily papers in Michigan and Ohio. Her work has been translated into four languages, optioned for film and condensed for magazine publication. She and her husband live in Ohio. But be forewarned! Rumour has it that Myers plays a wicked anglo concertina.
- No Game for a Dame (2011) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Tough Cookie (2013) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Don’t Dare a Dame (2013) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Shamus in a Skirt (2015) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Maximum Moxie (2016) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Dames Fight Harder (2017) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Uncivil Defense (2018) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- “The Barefoot Stiff” (2014) | Kindle it!
- “A Concrete Garter Belt” (December 2015, digital) | Kindle it!
- M. Ruth Myers
The author’s official site.