Created by J.J. Hensley
“There are two types of men you must fear in this world: Men who have everything to lose—and men like me.”
Pittsburgh private eye TREVOR GALLOWAY used to be a narcotics detective with the local PD — and after a nasty case involving a Russian drug gang he’s got the psychological scars to prove it. We won’t even mention the heroin addiction, the occasional hallucination or the two years in a psychiatric facility…
Nonetheless, he ploughs on — literally — in his debut, Bolt Action Remedy (2017), which finds him investigating a cold case, the death of a wealthy businessman, out in the snowy boondocks of Central Pennsylvania. In the second book, Record Scratch (2018), the author once again makes Galloway a fish out of water. This time it’s the music industry, with the detective looking into the murder of a legendary rock star. Initially he doesn’t want to take the case, but when the potential client, the musician’s sister, blows her brains out all over his office, Galloway reluctantly takes it on.
Emotionally fragile, mentally unstable, deliberately contrary and chronically suspicious, he’s still one hell of a detective, dogged, determined and capable of almost Sherlockian leaps of deduction. A third book is planned, and it’ll be interesting to see what further torments Hensley has in store for Galloway.
The author is a former police officer and Special Agent with the U.S. Secret Service. He graduated from Penn State University with a B.S. in Administration of Justice and has a M.S. degree in Criminal Justice Administration from Columbia Southern University, and is a member of the International Thriller Writers.
- “J.J. Hensley is a crime writer who deserves readers’ attention and trust. Put him on your READ list.”
— James Grady
- “Record Scratch is like a throat punch: powerful, shocking, and unapologetic, but the surprising poignant ending will stay with you a long after you’ve finished the book. This is a thriller that crackles from the first page to the last.”
— Jennifer Hillier
- Bolt Action Remedy (2017) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Record Scratch (2018) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Forgiveness Dies on the Vine (2019) |