Created by Matt Coyle
Now he’s a La Jolla restauranteur, trying to keep his head down and his nose out of trouble, doing a little private investigative work on the side (mostly catching adulterers on film). But when potential love interest Melody Malana, a sexy local TV reporter, gets arrested for murder and asks him for help, he reluctantly gets drawn into the investigation in Yesterday’s Echo (2013), a promising new debut novel by Matt Coyle.
And that promise was more than delivered. So far they have been several sequels and they’re all stellar — darkly vivid, hard-boiled fare that digs into the soft white underbelly of southern California life in all the best of the worst ways, featuring an all-too-human protagonist you can’t help rooting for, even when you want to smack him on the head.
Matt has a degree in English from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and has worked in the restaurant, golf, and sports collectible businesses. He lives in San Diego with his yellow Lab, Angus.
- Yesterday’s Echo (2013) | Buy this book | Buy the audiobook | Kindle it!
- Night Tremors (2015) | Buy this book | Buy the audiobook | Kindle it!
- Dark Fissures (2016) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Blood Truth (2017) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- Wrong Light (2018) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Lost Tomorrows (2019) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
Respectfully submitted by Kevin Burton Smith.